Tallahassee Men’s Rehab, part of Adult and Teen Challenge, focuses on the total person with spiritual, emotional, physical, social and educational training to prepare them for their new life, post addiction.
All aspects of our addiction treatment program are focused on achieving abstinence from alcohol and other drugs, and most importantly, building the foundation to support recovery for a lifetime, including spiritual recovery.
- Spiritually: we know that the student’s symptoms are indicative of deeper problems and conflicts; we understand that a new life in Christ will give them the power and ability to overcome these problems and live a more productive life.
- Emotionally: The healing of past abuses is necessary. Biblical studies enhance mental growth and serve as a foundation for creating new lives.
- Physically: We care for the physical needs of the students. These needs – a drug-free environment, food, recreation, etc – are key factors to the student’s success in the program.
- Socially: Students learn to work through relationship problems with their peers and with their families at home. They will learn to apply the character qualities they learn in the classroom to their everyday lives.
- Educationally: We have developed a life training curriculum specifically designed to develop the skills required for them to become successful members of society. Comprehensive education includes subjects ranging from the related health aspects of chemical dependency, boundary setting, anger management, coping skills, relapse prevention and cognitive behavioral tools to help build a strong foundation in recovery.
Why Choose Tallahassee Men’s Christian Rehab Program First?
Long-term residential addiction recovery programs like Adult and Teen Challenge differ from typical short-term programs you hear so much about. Short-term “revolving door” programs are visited again and again by relapsed addicts, temporarily solving the addiction, but never solving the core of the problem so the addiction comes right back again. So, the addict has to return to rehabs again and again, costing them, their insurance carrier, or their family tens of thousands of dollars each time. Every day, Adult and Teen Challenge centers enroll individuals who have previously attended 5, 10, 20 or even 30 costly short-term rehabs, to no avail. They should have come to Adult and Teen Challenge first!
So, why is Adult and Teen Challenge different? It is one of few programs that will dedicate a whole year to work with each addict. That is a huge financial commitment by the organization and community, but it is time needed in order for the recovery rates to be what they are. The day-to-day structure, community, and faith emphasis over such an extended period of time brings addicts slowly out of wrong and drug-impacted thinking into an awareness of a purpose for their life and a new way of thinking and living. Such a new purpose and way of living is one that has no place for abusing drugs or alcohol; addiction is replaced by self-love, peace, happiness, purpose and an excitement for the future.
Our Definition of Addiction
Addiction is characterized by an individual’s progressive loss of control over the continuing use of a substance or behavior. The user becomes obsessed with the substance or behavior despite adverse consequences and vigorously denies the existence of a problem if confronted. The user will do just about anything to maintain their addiction, so it affects not only the individual person but can also be damaging to families, relationships, careers, and many other aspects of life. The Adult and Teen Challenge residential programs are designed to provide long-term recovery from such addictions.
Tallahassee Men’s Christian Rehab Center – Final Word and a Promise
At the core of the Adult and Teen Challenge program is this principle…
“God’s love has the power to reach and transform every addict, offering them instead a life of truth, peace and purpose. Our goal is to clear the addict’s mind and provide the right motivations, environment, training and mentorship to support this transformation. So, if you or a loved one is on the downward spiral of substance abuse, contact an Adult and Teen Challenge program first. We promise it will be the last rehab program you or they will ever need.”
"NO WARRANTY" LEGAL NOTICE: While independent outcomes studies have shown very high recovery rates for indiviuals in our programs, we cannot guarantee recovery for any particular individual. Recovery and future abstinence from addicting substances and the effects that such substances may have on the individual or their life, actions, or their future are entirely dependent on the individual and how well they apply the principles we have taught them. We are an educational institution, and how the individual in our program learns from what they are taught and modeled here, is totally up to them. Individuals who stay the full term (until graduation) have much better long-term recovery from addicitons than those who do not.